Tuesday, March 2, 2010

‘Happy’ Anniversary to Me

Distance Traveled to Date: 3.10 Miles

Groundhog Day – it’s not just Bill Murray’s third best movie…it’s also the date – one month ago today – of my unfortunate job “consolidation.” Wow, the time flew by, didn’t it? Stupid February…first Black History gets stuck with the shortest month, then me.

As promised, I tried to think of a clever way to celebrate my jobless anniversary…but if you know me well (or have read at least two of my blog posts), you’d know that clever and I don’t often cross paths. I’d assume you would be disappointed…but my (lack of) progress on the elliptical should have prepared you for my inevitable failure to live up to expectations.

Sorry.

In lieu of a grand celebratory gesture, I want to again thank everyone who has reached out to me in the past month to offer their sympathy (many of you), advice (some of you) or cash considerations (none of you). When life throws hurdles at us, it’s always easier to have faith in a better future with the help and support of our friends and families. Despite my unemployment, I don’t know if I’ve ever felt more blessed than I have in the past month. Thank you all.

And now, let us pray…that we’re not all here again to celebrate another anniversary one month from today.

3 comments:

  1. I'm commenting only to prove I read your blog. That is my litle anniversary gift to you. Now you can focus less on hounding me to read your blog and more time writing it. Oh yeah, and looking for a job.

    -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is your distance travelled to date always 3.10 miles? And what does that mean anyway? I'm guessing it has to be symbolic or by car, because the last time you went 3.1 miles under your own power had to be years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ghostbusters and Caddyshack?

    ReplyDelete