Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Interview Blues

I just wrapped up with the “Development Director Search Task Force,” which, despite the overly bureaucratic name, ran an organized and efficient telephone interview. The job is with a local private and progressive school, a workplace where collaboration and enthusiasm seem to be ideals held on par with experience and valued far more than individuality. I’d like to think they responded extremely favorably to my answers, but as always, there’s a distinct possibility that I totally misread the situation and the Task Force hung up the phone and collectively said, “Well that was a huge waste of time.”

You know, because I get that a lot.

The only negative about today’s interview was the speed of their hiring process. The director talked about in-person interviews not starting until mid-April, with the Development Director to “begin in the summer.” At best that means June 11 – the last day of the school year. But what if they mean July or August? Ugh. Things could get ugly at home (and in my bank account) if my search takes that long.

I still have Friday’s second interview to think about…even though I don’t yet have a confirmed time, location or even city. But hey, a second interview is a second interview…right?

I applied to even more jobs today – a task I’m finding more and more mind-numbing and depressing. But every time I feel like I’ve sent off as many resumes as humanly possible, I remember that I like fancy things and a job is the best way to ensure I can continue living the lifestyle to which I’ve grown accustomed. If only I were more bohemian…

2 comments:

  1. I like fancy things too. Grad school is not the best way to obtain (at least in the short-run) so I don't advise that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're not a boh....

    ReplyDelete