Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Transitions

Distance Traveled: 0

Friends, this is going to be one of those blogs…

This morning I was informed that my job was being “consolidated,” which is a nice way of saying I was fired. Despite what you know about me, I was assured that this was not performance-based. I know…I’m as surprised as you that I didn’t screw up something big.

Anyway, I’m now left to find a new job – hopefully sooner rather than later. So I’m reaching out to you…and anyone you feel comfortable enough reaching out to on my behalf. You probably have a general idea of what I did and what my skills are, but I’m happy to reply to anyone individually who may have a specific lead (in any industry). I can’t afford to have any ego; I’m prepared to consider any opportunity and/or talk to any person who has an idea that can help.

I’m confident that Marni and I will be fine in both the short- and long-term future and I appreciate in advance your concern, support and assistance. And in the mean time…I’m going to start blogging again.

Hold your applause.

My goal is to make this page a daily log of the steps I’ve taken, both literally and figuratively, to rejoin the ranks of the gainfully employed. And to keep me focused (I’m sure I’ll need the help).

I wish I could guarantee you'll enjoy the ride, but I'm going to walk this walk. Hope you're counting.














No comments:

Post a Comment